Building Bridges among Knowledge Silos
I live for:
- Initiating and performing original independent and collaborative analytical research projects that contribute to deepening historical and contemporary knowledge and informing policy.
- Creating bridges between academic disciplines and instigating dialogue among public and private practitioners in a wide variety of sectors and milieus.
- Coaching and leading individuals and teams up to self-reliance so they can take ownership of their studies, athletics, and careers to reach higher levels of performance.
Current Canada-Asia Pacific focus areas:
- Non-central government diplomacy and foreign policy
- Provincial / Prefectural foreign policy
- City diplomacy
- Citizen diplomacy
- Local government twinning / sister / friendship relationships
- Trade missions
- Indigenous peoples internationalism
- Indigenous international business
- Indigenous transnationalism, history, diplomacy, policy, reconciliation
- Indigenous Ainu globalism, history, rights, policy, reconciliation
- Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan subnational / non-central government studies
- Local weak signals with potentially disruptive implications